Nuffnang Featured Blogger for the Month of April 2013
Who are you and what is your blog about?
Hi everyone! I am Earth Rullan and I own Earthlingorgeous.com. My blog is a Women’s Lifestyle and Women’s Interest blog. That said, I blog about fashion, beauty, travel, events and leisure, which is something every woman gets interested about.
What can we expect from your blog?
At Earthlingorgeous, you can expect a lot of reviews on makeup, skincare, beauty treatments and products, product launches, fashion shows and the latest collections and trends. You can also read about my travel adventures, dares, experiences, discoveries and tips. You can expect a major contest each year, specifically during my blog anniversary every January. Once in a while, I post my opinion on current issues related to women’s and children’s rights especially on persons with disability/autism.
When and how did you start blogging?
I started blogging in 2007. It began as a personal blog “Earthly Explorations”. It was more like a personal diary more than anything else. I started blogging because I needed a place where I can still write and dump things in my head. I need something to do while being a stay-at-home (SAHM), work-at-home-mom (WAHM). I had to be a SAHM / WAHM because of my daughter who needed my full attention because of her autism. It is hard to trust just any caregiver with her situation. But it is also hard not to practice your brain and so I became a blogger!
What separates your blog from other blogs?
I think my loyal readers can see my authenticity as a person through my posts (except when it is categorized as press release as a favour for a friend). My blog is about my personal experience not just about the brand/product/service or event. I also make sure people get to learn and discover something new or interesting in every post I make that they would like to try it out themselves.
I also like to make my readers feel special by having them experience some of the things I experience because of my blog by holding Dream Makeover Contests where I take a reader on a shopping spree, makeup makeover, hair makeover, and outfit makeover.
What is the best thing about being a blogger?
For me blogging is great because:
1. I get to dare myself into experiencing something new and outside my comfort zone.
2. I get to know the people behind the brands and companies I used and look up to or hoped I worked for when blogging did not exist.
3. I get to explore and practice my creative side.
4. I get to meet different kinds of people (people I want to keep in my life as friends forever or the people I don’t want to get acquainted with ever).
5. I get to become relevant to some people or groups that I never though can be possible. I am happy to know there are a lot of people out there who learned a thing or two from my blog.
6. Most importantly I make a decent living out of blogging. I can pay my bills, buy the things I want and travel because of my blog income.
7. I work at home and I am my own boss. I work at my own phase and time.
8. I get to do what I love and earn from it at the same time which is awesome!
I love blogging! Blogging rocks! But like what I mentioned in my iBlog7 talk 2 years ago, money or event invites doesn’t come as soon as you decide to put up a blog and publish your first post. You have to work hard for it by writing relevantly and consistently on your blog.